As catalyst of Indonesia infrastructure development, we have committed to finance Rp5.57 trillion basic infrastructure projects, which benefit people to get greater access of energy, water, mobility, communication and sanitation.
Our services have brought essential improvement to national infrastructure’s capacity, which enable people all across Indonesia have better opportunity to improve their living standard.
Environmental Specialist (Environmental Management For Infrastucture Projects)
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise the environmental management and monitoring components of a portfolio of infrastructure projects.
- Provide environmental design inputs to the infrastructure development team to ensure compliance with regulatory and project-specific environmental requirements.
- Play a lead role in acquiring environmental permits, licenses, and approvals from regulatory agencies in support of infrastructure projects.
- Prepare and oversee the implementation of a range of environmental compliance documents required for project approval and implementation, such as environmental protection plans, and environmental work plans.
- Work with project development teams – including proponents, regulators, designers, and construction personnel – to address environmental management and protection measures during project planning and implementation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to ensure compliance through creative solutions within an active construction work environment.
- Experience working successfully with heavy civil design and construction teams.
- Experience obtaining permits, licenses, and approvals from local, provincial, and federal authorities in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Understanding of pertinent environmental legislation, regulations, and guidance documents to ensure and/or enforce project-specific compliance.
- Ability to interpret and provide environmental inputs to detailed engineering drawings.
- Excellent communication (verbal and technical writing) skills.
- Comfortable issuing stop-work orders and independently implementing controls necessary to protect the environment during non-compliance events.
- Biological Techology, Biological Science, or Physics Engineering in environmental sciences, and at least five years of experience managing environmental aspects of infrastructure development projects.
- Experience interpreting and working with federal and provincial environmental regulatory and permitting requirements associated with infrastructure development projects (National & International), especially those required by the International Financial Institutions such as the World Bank, ADB, IFC etc.
- Experience working in large, multi-disciplinary teams is essential.
- Experience managing a range of environmental disciplines (air quality, noise, surface and groundwater quality, soils, vegetation, fish and fish habitat, contaminated sites, archaeology, First Nations, etc.) is an asset.
- Experience operating in a dynamic consulting environment that requires flexibility and teamwork.